Las Flores Resort is congruent with its mission to constantly seek to improve our natural surroundings, our community, and ourselves. We have therefore put into action an ambitious sustainability and social responsibility project to lead a more conscious operation and to inspire others to do the same.
Eco friendly facilities: Designed under sustainable development guidelines. Integrating the infrastructure to sense of location with minimum disturbance the natural environment to reduce the impact on the landscape and ecosystem.
Water treatment: Wastewater treatment plant to recycle 100% of water for irrigation use for gardens and green areas.
Use of plastics: 2020 goal to reduce of the use of plastics in daily operations to achieve a reduction of 75% of current use of single use plastics.
Flavors of the Pacific: The design of a menu inspired into the blending of Salvadoran and international flavors using mostly local and organic products from environmentally conscious suppliers.
Maximization of resources: Processes of recycling and compostable of all products and organic materials into the daily operations.
- Salvadoran heart: currently 100% of the staff is Salvadorian, 80% belong to the surrounding communities.
- Following UN’s SDG, with the help from ONG’s, there is permanent collaboration with all the staff to know the way of living and their families to have cero extreme poverty conditions.
- Partnership program with local schools: Las Flores Resort encourages its guests to collaborate in the program by donating school and sports supplies to 7 local community schools twice a year through scheduled visits.
- A family, a mission: Constant training with sustainability workshops, professional training and team work workshops with the staff to provide integrate tourism services with world class standards.
- Share the vision: we have created a sustainable tourism development association with a sustainability protocol to have short, medium- and long-term tourist destination goals along with all actors involved. One goal is to accumulate waste materials from local communities to upcycle into new uses.
Regenerative Resorts is a collection of boutique eco-hotels, where people and place coexist and thrive. With an emphasis on eco-luxury and creating a positive social and environmental impact, Regenerative Resorts is where your vacation meets your values.
We are proud members of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows travelers like you to make a lasting impact in the community at your travel destination. If you save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and take supplies for the projects we support in need, you’ll make a priceless impact in the lives of our local children and families. Please click here to see what supplies are needed for our project/projects.